RE: Hammock Camping nude nylon slumber

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      > thanks gentlemen but the idea of sleeping nude skin to nylon is
      > not a pleasant thought for me...thus my comment of "poaching in
      > my own perspiration"

      You haven't actually received your Explorer yet, have you?

      This isn't your grandmother's nylon.

      This is comfortable stuff. Very nice on my tender skin...

      Shane
    • uluheman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        I made a large hammock from "high thread count nylon taffeta" that I
        got on sale from OWF. I just sewed a casing with two or three rows of
        stitching along each end of the large rectangle and ran spectra line
        through the casing.

        This hammock--big enough for two or even three--gets a lot of use in
        certain wilderness spots on the beach here in Hawaii. It has
        comfortably accomodated many happy naked backpackers. And that's been
        true even during the day, when it can get pretty hot. Of course, I
        try to put the hammock in the shade. The feel of the nylon on bare
        skin is cool and comfortable.

        I must admit that it never gets really hot here; 94F or so is the all-
        time record, I think. And we usually enjoy tradewinds; it's
        never "too hot" in the shade at the beach. But, still, I'll bet the
        nylon works for you.

        Brandon in Honolulu

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "busterx32000"