Re: [Hammock Camping] winter hammock

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 8, 2006
      SoRuck? i don`t know anything about that. although ed was talking about a hot springs campout in feb, but i didn`t see it mentioned on the last news letter. BTW... that was a info packed news letter. thanks ed, karen, dave & others. ...tim

      marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote: --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
      wrote:

      > sorry to hear about the color schemem marta! but i knew you`d find
      a solution. anyway... when you have time, mabey you could tell how
      you went about cutting & putting the layers together. ...tim

      Are you going to be at the SoRuck, Tim? I'll probably have the
      hammock with me there, although I've got a bunk reserved, so I won't
      be camping out in it.

      Marta

      tim garner

      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 28, 2006
        marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
        aMinor mishap: When I stopped reading and turned off my headlamp, I
        started wriggling around to get comfortable on my side. I heard a
        brief slithering sound and--wham--I was on the ground and rolling
        briskly downhill. After about two revolutions, I fought my way out
        of the Pea Pod, stopped the rolling, and got up to inspect the
        hammock. It was fine. The problem was operator error--one of the
        anchor trees was quite thick and I hadn't secured the strap well
        enough. Fortunately I was only about 6 inches above the ground,
        which was well padded with dry leaves. Unfortunately, I was on a
        steep slope. It would have made a good video...

        Marta

        *** sounds like something i`d do marta. except if i was w/ some of my regular camping partners, they`d make me lay there until they took a picture or two :~} ...tim

        tim garner