nude nylon slumber

  • busterx32000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      thanks gentlemen but the idea of sleeping nude skin to nylon is not a
      pleasant thought for me...thus my comment of "poaching in my own
      perspiration"

      nylon against my skin has not been comfortable in the past..but we
      shall see and I will submit a report... poached or comfy...
      may require rum as medication..

      JB
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
        > thanks gentlemen but the idea of sleeping nude skin to nylon is
        > not a pleasant thought for me...thus my comment of "poaching in
        > my own perspiration"

        You haven't actually received your Explorer yet, have you?

        This isn't your grandmother's nylon.

        This is comfortable stuff. Very nice on my tender skin...

        Shane
      • uluheman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 11:41 AM
          I made a large hammock from "high thread count nylon taffeta" that I
          got on sale from OWF. I just sewed a casing with two or three rows of
          stitching along each end of the large rectangle and ran spectra line
          through the casing.

          This hammock--big enough for two or even three--gets a lot of use in
          certain wilderness spots on the beach here in Hawaii. It has
          comfortably accomodated many happy naked backpackers. And that's been
          true even during the day, when it can get pretty hot. Of course, I
          try to put the hammock in the shade. The feel of the nylon on bare
          skin is cool and comfortable.

          I must admit that it never gets really hot here; 94F or so is the all-
          time record, I think. And we usually enjoy tradewinds; it's
          never "too hot" in the shade at the beach. But, still, I'll bet the
          nylon works for you.

          Brandon in Honolulu

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "busterx32000"