Re: [Hammock Camping] Lightweight Hammock question

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      glad you caught that karen :~) i`s just kiddin around. cause that would be comparing two differant things... testing how lightweight of fabric you may be able to get away with, & how long a speer hammock can last. ...tim

      karens62@... wrote: Hey, hey hey, I have to defend Ed here. Even though he did have to sleep on the ground at Mt Mitchell, it was because the fabric just darn wore out. Remember, it had OVER 5000 hours of use and lightweight materials just do not last as long as , say, canvas. A Canvas hammock would probably last 25000 hours. Once again, you should inspect your gear each and every time you use it. In this case, he and I both knew it was just a matter of time; he just would have preferred it to be in the back yard, not on top of a mountain in the winter. :)

      Karen