Re: [Hammock Camping] Using a poncho as a rain fly

  • bezirk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dick Matthews <dick@c...> wrote:

      > The Campmor Ultralite Extension Poncho/Tarp has been a very good
      > replacement fly for the hammock, but a rain jacket to wear around camp
      > is needed.

      I saw this one too. I was leaning towards the only because it was green. How does the
      coverage compare on the sides? Your point is the taken about the rain jacket. I only see
      swapping the poncho for the HH fly, the pack cover, and the windbreaker on short trips
      when there isn't rain in the forecast. If I'm out longer I'll probably have a shell along as an
      extra layer.

      Thanks for the advice.

      dz