Re: Using a poncho as a rain fly

  • bezirk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
      That would to the trick and then some. Its probably out my budget at the moment.
      Although if I was about to embark on a thur hike it would be worth the money.

      Thanks

      dz

      > No affiliation, just a big fan. Trailquest.net has a 63x116" poncho
      > that includes seamsealing for $95. Hard to beat the $45 from GoLite
      > though. - David with no trailname

    • bezirk
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dick Matthews <dick@c...> wrote:

        > The Campmor Ultralite Extension Poncho/Tarp has been a very good
        > replacement fly for the hammock, but a rain jacket to wear around camp
        > is needed.

        I saw this one too. I was leaning towards the only because it was green. How does the
        coverage compare on the sides? Your point is the taken about the rain jacket. I only see
        swapping the poncho for the HH fly, the pack cover, and the windbreaker on short trips
        when there isn't rain in the forecast. If I'm out longer I'll probably have a shell along as an
        extra layer.

        Thanks for the advice.

        dz