Re: Hammock made for 2

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2006
      <zippydooda@y...> wrote:

      > I wasn't clear, sorry. What I was thinking was that instead of only
      > pulling the sides a little tighter to give the hammock a V shape,
      pull
      > the sides AND the center a little tighter to give the hammock a W
      shape
      > (which I think is what you were getting at with your last statement,
      > Jeff).

      Yep - that's what I meant. Maybe combining the two will give the best
      results.

      Jeff
    • Bryan
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 18, 2006
        several weeks ago i asked this same question and got all the same
        answers that you are getting. The "W" shaped idea is a new one.
        However, because my girlfriend and i seem to be all over the place
        when we sleep. i decided to make 2 single person hammocks and hang
        them on the same tree. once this is done, i place a thumb size stick
        or hiking pole (strut)in the hanging ropes (on each end)and this
        spreads the hammocks apart so you don't bump into each other.

        we can lay in any position we choose and not disturb the other
        person. our faces could be 3" away from each other if we wanted and i
        could wrap my arm around her if i wanted. when we woke up, we were in
        totally different positions.

        she said she is never tent camping again! it was the best sleep she
        has gotten while camping.

        there is a picture in the photo area of the strut i'm talking about.
        i got the idea from someone else.

        Bryan

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bill in Houston"
        > <zippydooda@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I wasn't clear, sorry. What I was thinking was that instead of
        only
        > > pulling the sides a little tighter to give the hammock a V shape,
        > pull
        > > the sides AND the center a little tighter to give the hammock a W
        > shape
        > > (which I think is what you were getting at with your last
        statement,
        > > Jeff).
        >
        > Yep - that's what I meant. Maybe combining the two will give the
        best
        > results.
        >
        > Jeff

      • Fuzzy
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 18, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan" <brpowel4@v...> wrote:

          > i decided to make 2 single person hammocks and hang
          > them on the same tree. once this is done, i place a thumb size stick
          > or hiking pole (strut)in the hanging ropes (on each end)and this
          > spreads the hammocks apart so you don't bump into each other.
          >
          > there is a picture in the photo area of the strut i'm talking about.
          > i got the idea from someone else.

          Bryan,

          Where exactly is the photo?

          Fuzzy
        • seuss910
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 18, 2006
            Is that Youngblood's Sidecar setup?

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Fuzzy" <chuck_kime@y...>
            wrote:

            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan" <brpowel4@v...>
            wrote:

            > > i decided to make 2 single person hammocks and hang
            > > them on the same tree. once this is done, i place a thumb size
            stick
            > > or hiking pole (strut)in the hanging ropes (on each end)and this
            > > spreads the hammocks apart so you don't bump into each other.
            > >
            > > there is a picture in the photo area of the strut i'm talking
            about.
            > > i got the idea from someone else.
            >
            > Bryan,
            >
            > Where exactly is the photo?
            >
            > Fuzzy

          • Bryan
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 21, 2006
              the "strut" setup i found is located in the Photo area of this
              website.

              look under the folder Youngblood\Sidecar. this works really well.
              the only thing it does is when someone get out the other person , who
              is still in the hammock, lowers towards the ground. sorta like a
              seesaw effect. you don't hit the ground though. you drop about a foot
              in height. when they get back in, it balances out.

              hope this helps.

              Bryan