RE: {Spam?} [Hammock Camping] Springer was amazing

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2006
      Thanks to David and everyone else who were on Springer for New Year's. We
      had 40-50 campers with 8 hammock hangers! The crowd is definitely getting
      larger each year. This was the fifth year for Karen & me-that first year,
      there were only 2 hammocks! The weather surprised us all as the predicted
      rain did not materialize and the skies cleared Sat afternoon providing an
      amazing starry night for the new year. Karen & I enjoyed watching shooting
      stars throughout the night. In addition to many past thru hikers, we had
      southbound thru hikers who finished their AT hike on New Year's Eve as well
      as northbound hikers who were just starting their hike. As you can expect,
      some of the group partied far into the wee hours of the morning. Sunrise
      was a warm colorful spectacle-what a great start to the new year! Many of
      us ended the gathering by meeting for a late lunch at the family-style Smith
      House in Dahlonega. Good times with good friends-life is good. Happy New
      Year all...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc