Re:hommock rope and ridgeline stresses

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hennessy Hammocks are the only manufactured backpacking hammocks that
      I'm aware of that uses a structural ridgeline. I believe they refer
      to it as an integral ridgeline in their descriptions. Their's is
      both a structural and an integral ridgeline; it sets the sag of the
      hammock, it is built into the hammock bed, it also holds the
      bugnetting up and their technique is patented. However, some folks
      add a structural ridgeline to homemade hammocks or maybe modify a
      purchased one and I wasn't sure what you have or were planning to
      do. There are other hammock manufactures that use non-structural
      ridgelines, most of the ones that I'm thinking of are for bugnets or
      something of that nature. Sorry to confuse you with this, if you are
      not sure what it is you probably aren't using one.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Greg Welker <gdwelker@v...>