Re:hommock rope and ridgeline stresses

  • Greg Welker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      Dave,

      What hammock has a "structural" ridgeline? I have not seen any so
      far that have ridgelines that add significantly to the force vectors
      involved in the total hammock.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
        Hennessy Hammocks are the only manufactured backpacking hammocks that
        I'm aware of that uses a structural ridgeline. I believe they refer
        to it as an integral ridgeline in their descriptions. Their's is
        both a structural and an integral ridgeline; it sets the sag of the
        hammock, it is built into the hammock bed, it also holds the
        bugnetting up and their technique is patented. However, some folks
        add a structural ridgeline to homemade hammocks or maybe modify a
        purchased one and I wasn't sure what you have or were planning to
        do. There are other hammock manufactures that use non-structural
        ridgelines, most of the ones that I'm thinking of are for bugnets or
        something of that nature. Sorry to confuse you with this, if you are
        not sure what it is you probably aren't using one.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Greg Welker <gdwelker@v...>