Re: [Hammock Camping] Pea Pod dilemma

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
      ghman777 wrote:
      > I absolutely love my pea pod but Im having a growing problem. The
      > velcro that closes me in is starting to wear. The pea pod wont close
      > as securely and has a tendency to pop open when I move around in it at
      > night. Besides getting a seamstress to replace it and perhaps use a
      > wider velcro, does anyone know of a simpler solution? I already tried
      > metal clips. They dont hold securely enough. Happy New Year to all,
      > Bill

      That is the reason I use a zipper. Since you will probably need to do
      some sewing, maybe a zipper is in your future.

      It is also less noisy in the middle of the night.

      Rick
    • jmgiv47
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ghman777" <ghman777@y...>
        wrote:

        > I absolutely love my pea pod but Im having a growing problem. The
        > velcro that closes me in is starting to wear. The pea pod wont close
        > as securely and has a tendency to pop open when I move around in it
        at
        > night. Besides getting a seamstress to replace it and perhaps use a
        > wider velcro, does anyone know of a simpler solution? I already
        tried
        > metal clips. They dont hold securely enough. Happy New Year to all,
        > Bill

        Sewing sections of stores such as WalMart, Target, Michaels, etc.,
        sell velro strips and 'dots' with or without sticky backing. Either
        might simply be place over the worn out velcro and attached with a
        couple stitches.

        john

      • Bill in Houston
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006