Pea Pod dilemma

  • ghman777
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
      I absolutely love my pea pod but Im having a growing problem. The
      velcro that closes me in is starting to wear. The pea pod wont close
      as securely and has a tendency to pop open when I move around in it at
      night. Besides getting a seamstress to replace it and perhaps use a
      wider velcro, does anyone know of a simpler solution? I already tried
      metal clips. They dont hold securely enough. Happy New Year to all,
      Bill
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
        ghman777 wrote:
        > I absolutely love my pea pod but Im having a growing problem. The
        > velcro that closes me in is starting to wear. The pea pod wont close
        > as securely and has a tendency to pop open when I move around in it at
        > night. Besides getting a seamstress to replace it and perhaps use a
        > wider velcro, does anyone know of a simpler solution? I already tried
        > metal clips. They dont hold securely enough. Happy New Year to all,
        > Bill

        That is the reason I use a zipper. Since you will probably need to do
        some sewing, maybe a zipper is in your future.

        It is also less noisy in the middle of the night.

        Rick
      • jmgiv47
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ghman777" <ghman777@y...>
          wrote:

          > I absolutely love my pea pod but Im having a growing problem. The
          > velcro that closes me in is starting to wear. The pea pod wont close
          > as securely and has a tendency to pop open when I move around in it
          at
          > night. Besides getting a seamstress to replace it and perhaps use a
          > wider velcro, does anyone know of a simpler solution? I already
          tried
          > metal clips. They dont hold securely enough. Happy New Year to all,
          > Bill

          Sewing sections of stores such as WalMart, Target, Michaels, etc.,
          sell velro strips and 'dots' with or without sticky backing. Either
          might simply be place over the worn out velcro and attached with a
          couple stitches.

          john

        • Bill in Houston
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006