Re: [Hammock Camping] Springer Mt Parking

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2005
      thanks dave... that`s good & current information! hope to see see you at another hangout. ...tim

      David Chamberlain <dbchamber@...> wrote: The lot on Forest Road 42 is now free. There used to be a $2 fee.
      A lot of people park there for two or three nights. I have parked
      there on several occasions. The directions given at:

      http://www.georgia-atclub.org/directions.html

      work to get you there. The road in was in good shape about 5 weeks
      ago and we have no had any severe weather. I drive a Chrysler
      Siebring and had no trouble. There are several other routes in but
      the listed directions involve the shortest amount of dirt roads.

      I won't be able to mnake it due to family obligations but I hope to
      see you folks on a future hang-in.

      Dave Chamberlain

      tim garner