Springer!

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
      Good Morning!

      No posting for a couple days and I assume that it's because Yahoo is
      doing maintenance...?

      I will be driving down to Georgia early Friday AM. Who else is going
      up for NYE's....? My apologies up front; but, I am going to be
      picking everyone's brains about top quilts - endlessly....<g>....!

      May I ask what opinions you folks have re: Mr. Speer's FrogSac versus
      his "+700 fill TopBlanket. Prime Northern Goose Down"..? I simply
      cannot make up my mind! I like the multi-use of the FrogSac; but, I
      also like the 14 oz. weight savings of the down.

      Thanks!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
        I think they are for two different purposes JD. You can read my
        reviews of the Frog Sac at Backpackgeartest.org, but to
        summarize: It is a great piece of gear! It is my primary summer
        sleeping bag, and I have used it as a combination coat/bag liner
        for winter camping.

        The topblanket, which I have not personally used, is extra
        insulation that works inside the hammock, on top of a lighter
        sleeping bag, or inside the peapod as bottom insulation.

        Rick

        J.D. Hoessle wrote:
        > Good Morning!
        >
        > No posting for a couple days and I assume that it's because Yahoo is
        > doing maintenance...?
        >
        > I will be driving down to Georgia early Friday AM. Who else is going
        > up for NYE's....? My apologies up front; but, I am going to be
        > picking everyone's brains about top quilts - endlessly....<g>....!
        >
        > May I ask what opinions you folks have re: Mr. Speer's FrogSac versus
        > his "+700 fill TopBlanket. Prime Northern Goose Down"..? I simply
        > cannot make up my mind! I like the multi-use of the FrogSac; but, I
        > also like the 14 oz. weight savings of the down.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        >
        > J.D.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • J.D. Hoessle
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
          > I think they are for two different purposes JD. You can read my
          > reviews of the Frog Sac at Backpackgeartest.org, but to
          > summarize: It is a great piece of gear! It is my primary summer
          > sleeping bag, and I have used it as a combination coat/bag liner
          > for winter camping.
          > The topblanket, which I have not personally used, is extra
          > insulation that works inside the hammock, on top of a lighter
          > sleeping bag, or inside the peapod as bottom insulation.

          Ah! Hah! I missed that part about the topblanket being used *on top*
          of a bag...

          Thanks, Rick! You're the wiz; so, I will go with the FrogSac.

          Hmmm..... Now if I can only get Mr. Speer to lug one up Springer
          Saturday night for me to purchase...<g>...

          Happy Trails,

          J.D.
        • J.D. Hoessle
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
            > I think they are for two different purposes JD. You can read my
            > reviews of the Frog Sac at Backpackgeartest.org

            Rick,

            Forgot to mention that I *HAD* read your review and went back to
            re-read it.

            Thanks Again!

            J.D.