Re: Recent Everglades Trip

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2005
      Thanks for sharing. I really like the paint job on the canoe...bet
      it scares the crap out of the fishies etc.. Nice setup on the HHs.
      did you go over and through the doors or just use the roof rack.
      hard to tell on the faurtherest vehicle and the nearest one was not
      in the pic at all where HHs tied off.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sleibacher" <scot-
      leibacher@w...> wrote:

      > About a week ago I posted some info about our after Thanksgiving
      trip
      > to canoe in the Everglades (and as things turned out, a day trip
      into
      > the Okeefenokee swamp in Southern Georgia as well). Due to the
      > restrictions on hanging things from trees at Collier State Park
      where
      > we stayed, we ended up stringing our two Hennessey hammocks
      between our
      > cars tied to the luggage carrier of each car. The reason for
      the "no-
      > hang" rule was different, however, than the no hang policy I have
      run
      > into at out local Indiana state parks. Apparently, an endangered
      snail
      > in southern Florida eats a special type of lichen that grows on
      the
      > trees so they do not want the lichen disturbed or killed by
      anything
      > around the trees. I have posted a picture of the hang on the
      group
      > photos:

      > Also included an off-topic picture of our custom painted canoe.
      The