new to hanging

  • busterx32000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      I am very pleased Ed Speer aimed me to the group when I bought his
      book yesterday and enjoyed a great conversation...I have traveled and
      lived in central america for decades and tried a military hammock
      several times. theory was good but many drawbacks.

      after hearing of very positive reviews of Hennessy and discussing
      with them my need to sleep on my side, I bought an Explorer,their
      longest hammock I Believe, which should allow me to be comfortable on
      my side

      I wish I had known of Ed's book and other hammocks available but
      scanning archives here and other reviews I have faith in the Explorer
      being a very good hammock.

      I once again work short term in remote jungle areas in the mountains
      of Nicaragua and look forward to using the Hennessy there after
      becoming familiar here in california. I have yet to use the Explorer
      and look forward to an education here.

      regards JB Jones
    • Shane
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
        > I am very pleased Ed Speer aimed me to the group when I
        > bought his book yesterday and enjoyed a great
        > conversation...

        Welcome aboard JB.

        > I bought an Explorer,their longest hammock I Believe, which
        > should allow me to be comfortable on my side.

        It will. If you haven't seen it, I show side sleeping briefly in one of the
        videos on my website. The address is:

        www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hthh.htm

        > becoming familiar here in california. I have yet to use the
        > Explorer and look forward to an education here.

        You are certainly in the right place. You may also be interested in the
        reviews on www.backpackgeartest.org. I've just completed a detailed review
        of the Explorer, and you may find some helpful tips there. The reports can
        be found here:

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/Hennessy%20Explore
        r%20Deluxe%20A-Sym/Shane%20Steinkamp/

        Shane
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
          Message
          Welcome JB--glad to have you with us. Hope to hear of some of your jungle adventures..Ed