Dave, hows the knee

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005
      I am headed to the chiropracter in a little bit with mine. I poped it
      funny last Sunday week (10 days ago) and it has been tender (even
      painful at times) ever sence. Went this Monday to the bone cracker
      doc and it is much better now but still not ready for a good hike. I'm
      hoping to be ready by the New Years or shortly after. Was hoping you
      might be well enought to hike by then.

      Coy Boy
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005

        > I am headed to the chiropracter in a little bit with mine. I poped it
        > funny last Sunday week (10 days ago) and it has been tender (even
        > painful at times) ever sence. Went this Monday to the bone cracker
        > doc and it is much better now but still not ready for a good hike.
        I'm
        > hoping to be ready by the New Years or shortly after. Was hoping you
        > might be well enought to hike by then.
        >
        > Coy Boy

        Coy,

        It's a good news, bad news situation. I've done a couple of easy hikes
        along creeks and such without mountains in the last couple of days, a 4
        miler and a 7 miler. The knee did fine but the 7 miler wore me out.
        I'm thinking of going to the AT and doing a day hike around and over
        Blood Mountain or backpacking up to the GA/NC border and leaving a Xmas
        card for Squeaky... but I'm worried if I can make it right now.
        Probably get on some exercise machines today and try to get a better
        assessment of how weak my leg muscles are. The last backpacking trips
        when I struggled with my knee was tough going, even with my legs
        holding up well. It would be a bitch to get a few miles out in the
        mountains and find out both my knee and my muscles aren't up to the
        task. Us guys in particular always trade off trying to see just what
        we can do against using good sense and realizing what our limitations
        are. When we're younger we favor the 'see just what we can do' but
        when we get older we favor the 'realize what our limitations are'
        aspect... but heck, I earned my trailname the honorable way.

        Hope your knee doesn't have any serious problem, have you popped it
        before?

        Dave
        aka Youngblood
      • Coy
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005

          > Coy,
          >
          > It's a good news, bad news situation. I've done a couple of easy
          hikes
          > along creeks and such without mountains in the last couple of
          days, a 4
          > miler and a 7 miler. The knee did fine but the 7 miler wore me
          out.
          > I'm thinking of going to the AT and doing a day hike around and
          over
          > Blood Mountain or backpacking up to the GA/NC border and leaving a
          Xmas
          > card for Squeaky... but I'm worried if I can make it right now.

          If you knew his scedual you could surprise him at a road crossing.
          Might involve a long wait though...even worse would be to just miss
          him and then wait for him.

          > Probably get on some exercise machines today and try to get a
          better
          > assessment of how weak my leg muscles are. The last backpacking
          trips
          > when I struggled with my knee was tough going, even with my legs
          > holding up well. It would be a bitch to get a few miles out in
          the
          > mountains and find out both my knee and my muscles aren't up to
          the
          > task. Us guys in particular always trade off trying to see just
          what
          > we can do against using good sense and realizing what our
          limitations
          > are. When we're younger we favor the 'see just what we can do'
          but
          > when we get older we favor the 'realize what our limitations are'
          > aspect... but heck, I earned my trailname the honorable way.

          We need to start a gang. I think Crips is already taken (Crips and
          Bloods)...how bout the walk well, knee swell, he man, hill haters
          LOL note the use of hill in place of women form Spankey and the
          gang.

          > Hope your knee doesn't have any serious problem, have you popped
          it
          > before?

          Never, but it poped the other day (several days after the initial
          pop 10 days ago) while I was walking in the kitchen. Rhonda heard
          it from the couch in the LR. She said what was that pop? Onlu it
          really didnt hurt or anything this time.

          > Dave
          > aka Youngblood

          maybe time to change Youngblood to Woundedknee

          Coy Boy