Winnemucca Lake trip report - Wind Speeds

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2005
      Jeff,

      I got a little project for you. How about updating the Beaufort
      Scales for Wind Speed (
      http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/scales/beaufort.html ) to reflect
      hammock camping, based on what you learned from your trip? I was
      thinking of a third catagory for hammock camping. Some suggested
      conditions would be:

      Dang This Feels Good.

      What's Going On?

      Oh Oh!

      Who's Got the Biggest Tent?

      Who's Got a Better Tent?

      It's Time to Get the Heck Out of Dodge?

      Sorry, I couldn't help myself... I hope you and everyone else gets a
      little chuckle out of it.

      Dave
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
        > Dang This Feels Good.
        >
        > What's Going On?
        >
        > Oh Oh!
        >
        > Who's Got the Biggest Tent?
        >
        > Who's Got a Better Tent?
        >
        > It's Time to Get the Heck Out of Dodge?
        >
        > Sorry, I couldn't help myself... I hope you and everyone else gets a
        > little chuckle out of it.

        Haha...that's pretty funny. I thought about trying to get the heck
        out of Dodge, but decided it was better to hunker down rather than
        trying to hike in that stuff. After the tent went and we were all
        packed up, I saw that we could have done it...still smarter to hunker
        down I think, but it "could" have been done.

        Jeff