Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 1114

  • Eyewall
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2005
      ...snip

      However I could not find our site listed in the Al sites from the link
      you gave. There are a bunch of small sites like ours that are not.
      they send out a newsletter and it shows all the stations in north al.

      ...snip

      Coy...

      mmmm, I just went to weather.gov, clicked on northern AL, and the
      Huntsville Office website came up, and I clicked on a point on the map
      and came up with the forecast for Harvest, AL. So, the key is to click
      on the map at the locaion where you want a forecast. The only reason I
      sent you to weather.gov, is because its easier to remember than your
      local office website. Plus, if your want a forecast for someplace else
      other than your area, its just as easy to start at the weather.gov site.
      The national map on the weather.gov site just gets you to the nearest
      NWS office where the forecasts are produced. Yes, I'm very familar with
      the B91. In the Central Region of the NWS, you can send reports in via
      the web as well. That is for observers who are required to report daily
      however. Being a cooperative observer, you are doing a great public
      service for the country. We would not have a basis for much of anything
      dealing with the land, air or water without dedicated individuals and
      institutions like yourself to take weather observations, which add to
      the national database. Without a climate history, how could you estimate
      who cold it will get on a specific day in January in northern Alabama to
      hang your hammock? :)

      cm