Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: winter hammock test

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 15, 2005
      if i`m wrong, someone correct me, but puffy jacket or pants refers to clothing insulated w/ down or synthetic (like polarguard) as opposed to something like fleece. i belive puffy clothing gives a much better warmth to weight ratio & likely to be much more compactable. ...tim

      gtvlfed <jneale@...> wrote: Thanks for the report Tim... the specifics are great for those of us
      trying to picture all the pieces in play.

      However, "puffy pants" and "puffy jacket" are new to me. Are these
      commerical products or just very loose clothing?

      on a
      > cold trip; bottom-long underware,fleece lined pants(hope to replace
      > these w/ puffy pants soon), & mid-heavy socks. top-short sleve
      > wicking shirt, long sleve wicking shirt, dri-clim wind shirt, & puffy
      > jacket.

      tim garner