Off topic: AT shuttle

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2003
      I am going to have the opportunity to take in a solo week of the AT
      in a couple weeks. I plan to drive to Erwin, TN on 17 May and get a
      shuttle from there to Hot Springs for an easy week's shake-down.

      I called and there is a fellow in Erwin (Leon) who offers shuttles
      for a dollar a mile, it's about 40 miles by road and about 65 miles
      by trail. Any negative vibes about this service? Other ideas??

      I have a hiking friend who will be playing a concert in Erwin, Sat
      the 24th and plan to be back for his concert.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2003
        Message
        Rick, shuttling this section of the AT is common and several folks offer shuttles. The latest favorite service is Miss Janet's hiker hostel in Erwin. She provides shuttles, but I don't know how much--I just know you can't go wrong with Miss Janet--tell her I sent ya...Ed

        Miss Janet's House   423-743-1932    http://www.geocities.com/missjanetshouse
        missjanetshouse@...