Cold Weekend

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2005
      Just spent two nights at 36 F in my HH.

      I usually use my HH undercover with underpad and reflective blanket/sheet in
      temps like this, but this weekend I took the top cover from my Golite Fierce
      sleeping bag and stuck it under the hammock instead of the reflective
      blanket.

      Man, I was toasty. I will send more details after church.

      TV
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2005
        Great, I'm finding similar results (with my homemade hammocks). For
        me the trick is of course is keeping the bag or whatever, spread out
        properly and the avoiding the tendency to smush it more at the
        buttocks. I would like to have the HH undercover you mention and try
        it with a summer bag.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vickers"
        <redroach@e...> wrote:

        > Just spent two nights at 36 F in my HH.
        >
        > I usually use my HH undercover with underpad and reflective
        blanket/sheet in
        > temps like this, but this weekend I took the top cover from my
        Golite Fierce
        > sleeping bag and stuck it under the hammock instead of the reflective
        > blanket.
        >
        > Man, I was toasty. I will send more details after church.
        >
        > TV

      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2005
          TV, did you post more info. about your weekend? I was watching for
          it with anticipation as I have been waiting for the temps in my area
          to get cold enough for a simular test. If I missed the post I
          apologize.

          jamie in az

          <redroach@e...> wrote:

          > Just spent two nights at 36 F in my HH.
          >
          > I usually use my HH undercover with underpad and reflective
          blanket/sheet in
          > temps like this, but this weekend I took the top cover from my
          Golite Fierce
          > sleeping bag and stuck it under the hammock instead of the reflective
          > blanket.
          >
          > Man, I was toasty. I will send more details after church.
          >
          > TV

        • Coy
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2005
            me too