Off topic: AT shuttle

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 11:25 AM
      I am going to have the opportunity to take in a solo week of the AT
      in a couple weeks. I plan to drive to Erwin, TN on 17 May and get a
      shuttle from there to Hot Springs for an easy week's shake-down.

      I called and there is a fellow in Erwin (Leon) who offers shuttles
      for a dollar a mile, it's about 40 miles by road and about 65 miles
      by trail. Any negative vibes about this service? Other ideas??

      I have a hiking friend who will be playing a concert in Erwin, Sat
      the 24th and plan to be back for his concert.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 12:00 PM
        Message
        Rick, shuttling this section of the AT is common and several folks offer shuttles. The latest favorite service is Miss Janet's hiker hostel in Erwin. She provides shuttles, but I don't know how much--I just know you can't go wrong with Miss Janet--tell her I sent ya...Ed

        Miss Janet's House   423-743-1932    http://www.geocities.com/missjanetshouse
        missjanetshouse@...