RE: Hammock Camping about light weight warmth ~ ~ ~

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2003
      Message
      Great ideas--thanks Christina....Ed

      I bought a twin size woven cotton thermal blanket from WalMart.  I folded it in half length-wise and then crocheted the bottom and part way up the sides together.  This created a kind of cocoon.  I then had to learn how to get into/out of both it and
      the hammock, but once I mastered that, it worked well.

      Most recently I've created two *wraps* out of another one of these blankets
      by cutting it in half width-wise and then hemming each of the cut
      edges.  This creates a flat blanket that isn't too wide or bulky and works
      either as a wrap or as a full length cover ~ again for nights that aren't
      too cold, but that just need something extra for warmth.

      Cheers,

      Christina

      Blessed Be the Peacemakers!

      May Blesswings of Peace n Love surround you!

      May your Mind be filled with Wisdom.
      May your Eyes be filled with Beauty.
      May your Soul be filled with Peace.
      May your Heart be filled with Love.