Mt Mitchell hike Dec 17-18

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2005
      Let’s meet at the Black Mountain Campground trailhead about 12-1 pm on Sat.
      The trailhead is about 45 mins from my house, so we could car pool from here
      if anyone wants to. We’ll be back to this trailhead mid afternoon on Sun.
      It all depends on the weather of course. It takes 2-3 hrs to hike up about
      ¾ way to the summit (best camping areas). We will be stealth camping near
      water. Weather permitting on Sun, we could hike to the summit, then return
      to our cars at the trailhead…Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc