Snow!

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
      We got maybe 4" - 5" of snow! So, I set up the hammock in the back
      yard! Low was maybe 26F....? Nice and warm using the Exped DAM!

      Managed to get my antique digican working and have uploaded to "JD
      Snow 12 05".

      Note in the "Before 02" pic, I *discovered* that I could pull the ends
      of the tarp a bit tighter using the tie-outs; which (I think?)
      prevented blowing snow from enetering.

      Before and After pics - Note that one side of the tarp has the snow
      knocked off from my getting up this AM. Also note that it's nice and
      snow-free under the hammock!

      Too much fun....!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Bill in Houston
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
        Brrr...

        Is your tarp silnylon? I guess I'm surprised that the snow stuck to it
        so well. But I don't know much about snow...

        Bill in Houston

        > We got maybe 4" - 5" of snow!
      • J.D. Hoessle
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
          <zippydooda@y...> wrote:
          > Is your tarp silnylon? I guess I'm surprised that the snow stuck to
          > it so well.

          Yes, silnylon. It's the Equinox (sold by Campmor) "One pounder" 8' X
          10" - actually weighs 14.2 oz.

          The snow probably stuck from the heat underneath (me & hammock) which
          melted the first fraction of an inch to form ice.

          > But I don't know much about snow...

          Oh... In that case, I may have confused you with the above word
          "ice". Please google either: "refrigerator/icebox" or "Jack Daniels
          on the Rocks".

          Happy Trails,

          J.D.
        • Bill in Houston
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
            That was what I was guessing. Thanks for confirming.

            Bill in Houston

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2006
              Best snow fall in five years...!

              Measured 10+ inches of fluffy (Non-PolarGuard) stuff in the back yard
              at 6 AM this morning - it was 23F here in Northern VA.

              I wimped out and did not put up my hammock last night. Got all the
              exercise I needed with the shovel for the past 5-6 hours. It's noon
              here and the sun is shining and melting all the snow.

              Happy Trails,

              J.D.