change of plans

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005
      marta... glad to hear the hammock was nice & warm. yep... the reason
      i wanted my hammock fully streched, even as i quilted the insulation
      to the hammock body, is because of the streching that will obviously
      take place as someone lays in it. a persons weight will cause the
      differant layers (hammock, insulation, & shell) to SHIFT (& w/ great
      force) into differant positions to one another, than when not weighted
      (or streched). if the layers are quilted together w/ the loops like
      jeff mentioned, the quilting loops will alow for a little shifting
      that will still take place when a person shifts from back to side,
      etc. i`m not sure if there`s any way to to get as close and "just
      right" fit of the insulation (& shell) w/o doing it while the hammock
      is streched in the way it`s going to be when used. also i went all
      the way to the top edge of the hammock w/ the shell to avoid sewing
      any where else on the hammock besides the edges (except for the
      quilting loops). look forward to hearing about your next insulated
      hammock. ...tim