RE: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • Steve Joiner
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

      Steve
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        I received the email from them Ed.

        Rick

        Ed Speer wrote:
        >I'd like to hear from some others who
        > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
      • sdbrehm
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

          > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
          > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
          others who
          > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
          case, they
          > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
          removed from
          > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
          > future newsletters.

          I got one too.

          icedancer
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
            Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
            should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
            communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
            the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
            attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
            discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
            adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
            appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
            to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
            We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
            discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

            Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
            informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
            individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
            advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
            accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
            eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
            blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
            manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
            personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
            with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
            businessman.

            As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
            constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
            strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
            to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
            hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
            the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
            in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
            is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
            feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
            unreasonable.Ed

            _____

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

              > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
              company
              > Ticket To The Moon.
              >
              > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
              those
              > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
              others who
              > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
              case, they
              > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
              from
              > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
              > future newsletters.

              I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

              Fuzzy
            • Dylan Anderson
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                techniques like that in business. But there will
                always be someone I suppose...

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com
              • J.D. Hoessle
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                  > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                  > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                  > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                  > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                  > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                  > techniques like that in business.

                  Thank You, Dylan!

                  May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                  Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                  Just turn those snots in!

                  J.D.