Re: [Hammock Camping] Layering?

  • john hill
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2005
      I've used my blue pad inside my fleece bag and it worked pretty good except my pad is only 20 inches wide so when i let my buttocks off the edge of the pad it got kinda cold. The blue pad also helps keep the fleece bag in place. The SPE is one way to go to make it work better cause I need a pad about 30 inches wide when i sleep on my side and that'll do it - course I don't have one, I'll have to make my own I guess.

      john

      PennyBright <GreenSoul@...> wrote:

      > "you`ll brobably want to test what you would actualy be using on the
      > trail". --

      Yeah, that's the idea. *lol* the fleece liner/summer weight bag being
      what I've got that I could use on the trail.

      Right now I'm trying to work with what I have to see if I can make a
      working, not too heavy, winter system. If I can't put something together
      with my current stuff, then I'll work up ideas about what gear I might want
      to gift myself with before next year, but right now my budget just won't go
      there.

      Bill, I am totally there on needing the blue pad underneath me... I'm
      wondering if putting liner around the blue pad and my bag might work well --
      sort of like the Big Agnes bags have that pad pocket. Provide the extra
      insulating layer, and help keep the blue pad from sliding around.

      It looks like I'm looking at about 25 degree temps tomorrow night.....
      we'll see how it goes.

      Anna

      http://long_trails.blogspot.com/

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2005

        > But then there's the Montbell Thermawrap, too...

        I was just looking at these. Anyone have one? How is it?

        jamie d