Re: Ticket To The Moon

  • seuss910
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
      search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
      Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
      probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
      throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
      for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
      shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
      call him)

      >I'd like to hear from some others who
      > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
      case, they
      > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
      removed from
    • Steve Joiner
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

        Steve
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          I received the email from them Ed.

          Rick

          Ed Speer wrote:
          >I'd like to hear from some others who
          > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
        • sdbrehm
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

            > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
            > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
            others who
            > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
            case, they
            > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
            removed from
            > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
            > future newsletters.

            I got one too.

            icedancer
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
              Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
              should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
              communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
              the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
              attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
              discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
              adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
              appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
              to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
              We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
              discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

              Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
              informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
              individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
              advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
              accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
              eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
              blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
              manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
              personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
              with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
              businessman.

              As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
              constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
              strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
              to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
              hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
              the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
              in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
              is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
              feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
              unreasonable.Ed

              _____

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                company
                > Ticket To The Moon.
                >
                > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                those
                > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                others who
                > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                case, they
                > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                from
                > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                > future newsletters.

                I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                Fuzzy
              • Dylan Anderson
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                  I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                  of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                  capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                  an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                  for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                  techniques like that in business. But there will
                  always be someone I suppose...

                  Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                  dsl.yahoo.com
                • J.D. Hoessle
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                    > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                    > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                    > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                    > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                    > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                    > techniques like that in business.

                    Thank You, Dylan!

                    May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                    Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                    Just turn those snots in!

                    J.D.