Re: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • Michael B. Carter
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      Ed,

      I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

      Michael

    • seuss910
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
        search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
        Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
        probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
        throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
        for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
        shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
        call him)

        >I'd like to hear from some others who
        > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
        case, they
        > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
        removed from
      • Steve Joiner
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

          Steve
          at www.hammockcamping.com <http://www.hammockcamping.com/> and in all of
[...]

          Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

          Service.

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            I received the email from them Ed.

            Rick

            Ed Speer wrote:
            >I'd like to hear from some others who
            > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
          • sdbrehm
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

              > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
              > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
              others who
              > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
              case, they
              > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
              removed from
              > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
              > future newsletters.

              I got one too.

              icedancer
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                businessman.

                As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                unreasonable.Ed

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                  > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                  company
                  > Ticket To The Moon.
                  >
                  > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                  those
                  > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                  others who
                  > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                  case, they
                  > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                  from
                  > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                  > future newsletters.

                  I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                  Fuzzy
                • Dylan Anderson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                    I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                    of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                    capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                    an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                    for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                    techniques like that in business. But there will
                    always be someone I suppose...

                    Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                    dsl.yahoo.com
                  • J.D. Hoessle
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                      > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                      > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                      > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                      > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                      > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                      > techniques like that in business.

                      Thank You, Dylan!

                      May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                      Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                      Just turn those snots in!

                      J.D.