Re: Ticket To The Moon

  • tcoug7
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

      Tim
    • Michael B. Carter
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Ed,

        I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

        Michael

      • seuss910
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
          search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
          Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
          probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
          throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
          for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
          shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
          call him)

          >I'd like to hear from some others who
          > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
          case, they
          > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
          removed from
        • Steve Joiner
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

            Steve
            at www.hammockcamping.com <http://www.hammockcamping.com/> and in all of
[...]

            Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

            Service.

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              I received the email from them Ed.

              Rick

              Ed Speer wrote:
              >I'd like to hear from some others who
              > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
            • sdbrehm
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                others who
                > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                case, they
                > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                removed from
                > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                > future newsletters.

                I got one too.

                icedancer
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                  Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                  should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                  communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                  the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                  attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                  discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                  adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                  appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                  to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                  We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                  discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                  Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                  informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                  individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                  advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                  accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                  eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                  blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                  manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                  personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                  with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                  businessman.

                  As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                  constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                  strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                  to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                  hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                  the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                  in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                  is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                  feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                  unreasonable.Ed

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                    > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                    company
                    > Ticket To The Moon.
                    >
                    > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                    those
                    > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                    others who
                    > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                    case, they
                    > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                    from
                    > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                    > future newsletters.

                    I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                    Fuzzy
                  • Dylan Anderson
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                      I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                      of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                      capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                      an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                      for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                      techniques like that in business. But there will
                      always be someone I suppose...

                      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                      dsl.yahoo.com
                    • J.D. Hoessle
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                        > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                        > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                        > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                        > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                        > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                        > techniques like that in business.

                        Thank You, Dylan!

                        May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                        Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                        Just turn those snots in!

                        J.D.