Re: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • RevT
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
      site though. Nice pics.

      Brian
    • tcoug7
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

        Tim
      • Michael B. Carter
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          Ed,

          I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

          Michael

        • seuss910
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
            search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
            Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
            probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
            throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
            for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
            shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
            call him)

            >I'd like to hear from some others who
            > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
            case, they
            > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
            removed from
          • Steve Joiner
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

              Steve
              at www.hammockcamping.com <http://www.hammockcamping.com/> and in all of
[...]

              Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

              Service.

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                I received the email from them Ed.

                Rick

                Ed Speer wrote:
                >I'd like to hear from some others who
                > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
              • sdbrehm
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                  > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                  > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                  others who
                  > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                  case, they
                  > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                  removed from
                  > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                  > future newsletters.

                  I got one too.

                  icedancer
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                    Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                    should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                    communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                    the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                    attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                    discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                    adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                    appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                    to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                    We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                    discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                    Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                    informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                    individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                    advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                    accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                    eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                    blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                    manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                    personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                    with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                    businessman.

                    As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                    constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                    strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                    to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                    hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                    the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                    in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                    is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                    feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                    unreasonable.Ed

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                      > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                      company
                      > Ticket To The Moon.
                      >
                      > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                      those
                      > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                      others who
                      > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                      case, they
                      > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                      from
                      > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                      > future newsletters.

                      I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                      Fuzzy
                    • Dylan Anderson
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                        I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                        of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                        capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                        an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                        for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                        techniques like that in business. But there will
                        always be someone I suppose...

                        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                        dsl.yahoo.com
                      • J.D. Hoessle
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                          > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                          > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                          > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                          > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                          > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                          > techniques like that in business.

                          Thank You, Dylan!

                          May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                          Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                          Just turn those snots in!

                          J.D.