Re: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
      Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
          site though. Nice pics.

          Brian
        • tcoug7
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

            Tim
          • Michael B. Carter
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              Ed,

              I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

              Michael

            • seuss910
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
                search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
                Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
                probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
                throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
                for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
                shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
                call him)

                >I'd like to hear from some others who
                > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                case, they
                > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                removed from
              • Steve Joiner
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

                  Steve

                  I got one, too. I imagine he hit all of us.

                  Marta

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                  _____

                  Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

                  Service.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    I received the email from them Ed.

                    Rick

                    Ed Speer wrote:
                    >I'd like to hear from some others who
                    > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
                  • sdbrehm
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                      > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                      > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                      others who
                      > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                      case, they
                      > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                      removed from
                      > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                      > future newsletters.

                      I got one too.

                      icedancer
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                        Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                        should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                        communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                        the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                        attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                        discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                        adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                        appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                        to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                        We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                        discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                        Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                        informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                        individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                        advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                        accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                        eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                        blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                        manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                        personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                        with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                        businessman.

                        As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                        constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                        strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                        to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                        hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                        the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                        in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                        is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                        feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                        unreasonable.Ed

                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                          > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                          company
                          > Ticket To The Moon.
                          >
                          > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                          those
                          > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                          others who
                          > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                          case, they
                          > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                          from
                          > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                          > future newsletters.

                          I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                          Fuzzy
                        • Dylan Anderson
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                            I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                            of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                            capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                            an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                            for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                            techniques like that in business. But there will
                            always be someone I suppose...

                            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                            dsl.yahoo.com
                          • J.D. Hoessle
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                              > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                              > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                              > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                              > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                              > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                              > techniques like that in business.

                              Thank You, Dylan!

                              May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                              Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                              Just turn those snots in!

                              J.D.