Re: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • Tee
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      This who they sent spam reports to.

      Submitted: :
      For Hammock Lover

      * 1572674838 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: spamcop@...
      * 1572674835 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: postmaster@...
      * 1572674833 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse#indo.net.id@...
      * 1572674826 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...
      * 1572674813 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...

    • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
            site though. Nice pics.

            Brian
          • tcoug7
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

              Tim
            • Michael B. Carter
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                Ed,

                I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

                Michael

              • seuss910
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
                  search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
                  Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
                  probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
                  throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
                  for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
                  shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
                  call him)

                  >I'd like to hear from some others who
                  > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                  case, they
                  > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                  removed from
                • Steve Joiner
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

                    Steve

                    I got one, too. I imagine he hit all of us.

                    Marta

                    _____

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                    _____

                    Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

                    Service.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      I received the email from them Ed.

                      Rick

                      Ed Speer wrote:
                      >I'd like to hear from some others who
                      > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
                    • sdbrehm
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                        > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                        > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                        others who
                        > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                        case, they
                        > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                        removed from
                        > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                        > future newsletters.

                        I got one too.

                        icedancer
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                          Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                          should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                          communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                          the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                          attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                          discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                          adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                          appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                          to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                          We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                          discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                          Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                          informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                          individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                          advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                          accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                          eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                          blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                          manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                          personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                          with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                          businessman.

                          As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                          constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                          strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                          to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                          hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                          the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                          in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                          is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                          feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                          unreasonable.Ed

                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                            > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                            company
                            > Ticket To The Moon.
                            >
                            > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                            those
                            > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                            others who
                            > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                            case, they
                            > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                            from
                            > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                            > future newsletters.

                            I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                            Fuzzy
                          • Dylan Anderson
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                              I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                              of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                              capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                              an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                              for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                              techniques like that in business. But there will
                              always be someone I suppose...

                              Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                              dsl.yahoo.com
                            • J.D. Hoessle
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                                > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                > techniques like that in business.

                                Thank You, Dylan!

                                May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                                Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                                Just turn those snots in!

                                J.D.