Re: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • Bill Fornshell
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Ed, Add me to your list. I also got a direct
      email. I did not open it however. Bill

      --- Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:

      I'd like to hear from some others who recently got
      such emails from Ticket To The Moon.

      __________________________________
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Tee
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        This who they sent spam reports to.

        Submitted: :
        For Hammock Lover

        * 1572674838 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: spamcop@...
        * 1572674835 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: postmaster@...
        * 1572674833 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse#indo.net.id@...
        * 1572674826 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...
        * 1572674813 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...

      • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
          Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm
          Subject: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
            Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm

            I got my "TICKET TO THE MOON" also Ed.

            Brian
            T-BACK
          • RevT
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
              site though. Nice pics.

              Brian
            • tcoug7
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

                Tim
              • Michael B. Carter
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Ed,

                  I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

                  Michael

                • seuss910
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
                    search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
                    Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
                    probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
                    throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
                    for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
                    shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
                    call him)

                    >I'd like to hear from some others who
                    > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                    case, they
                    > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                    removed from
                  • Steve Joiner
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

                      Steve

                      I got one, too. I imagine he hit all of us.

                      Marta

                      _____

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                      * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                      _____

                      Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

                      Service.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                        I received the email from them Ed.

                        Rick

                        Ed Speer wrote:
                        >I'd like to hear from some others who
                        > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
                      • sdbrehm
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                          > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                          > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                          others who
                          > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                          case, they
                          > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                          removed from
                          > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                          > future newsletters.

                          I got one too.

                          icedancer
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                            Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                            should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                            communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                            the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                            attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                            discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                            adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                            appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                            to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                            We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                            discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                            Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                            informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                            individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                            advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                            accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                            eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                            blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                            manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                            personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                            with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                            businessman.

                            As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                            constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                            strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                            to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                            hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                            the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                            in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                            is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                            feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                            unreasonable.Ed

                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                              > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                              company
                              > Ticket To The Moon.
                              >
                              > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                              those
                              > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                              others who
                              > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                              case, they
                              > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                              from
                              > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                              > future newsletters.

                              I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                              Fuzzy
                            • Dylan Anderson
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                                I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                techniques like that in business. But there will
                                always be someone I suppose...

                                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                                dsl.yahoo.com
                              • J.D. Hoessle
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                                  > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                  > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                  > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                  > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                  > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                  > techniques like that in business.

                                  Thank You, Dylan!

                                  May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                                  Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                                  Just turn those snots in!

                                  J.D.