Re: Ticket To The Moon

  • Lenny Nichols
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      I got one also. Didn't spend any time on it. Just hit delete.

      Thanks to Ed and the other moderators (Shane) for the good work you do
      here.

      Lenny Nichols

    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Hi Ed, Add me to your list. I also got a direct
        email. I did not open it however. Bill

        --- Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:

        I'd like to hear from some others who recently got
        such emails from Ticket To The Moon.

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Tee
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          This who they sent spam reports to.

          Submitted: :
          For Hammock Lover

          * 1572674838 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: spamcop@...
          * 1572674835 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: postmaster@...
          * 1572674833 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse#indo.net.id@...
          * 1572674826 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...
          * 1572674813 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...

        • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
            Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm
            Subject: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
              Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm

              I got my "TICKET TO THE MOON" also Ed.

              Brian
              T-BACK
            • RevT
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
                site though. Nice pics.

                Brian
              • tcoug7
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

                  Tim
                • Michael B. Carter
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    Ed,

                    I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

                    Michael

                  • seuss910
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
                      search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
                      Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
                      probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
                      throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
                      for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
                      shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
                      call him)

                      >I'd like to hear from some others who
                      > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                      case, they
                      > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                      removed from
                    • Steve Joiner
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

                        Steve

                        I got one, too. I imagine he hit all of us.

                        Marta

                        _____

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                        _____

                        Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

                        Service.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                          I received the email from them Ed.

                          Rick

                          Ed Speer wrote:
                          >I'd like to hear from some others who
                          > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
                        • sdbrehm
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                            > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                            > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                            others who
                            > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                            case, they
                            > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                            removed from
                            > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                            > future newsletters.

                            I got one too.

                            icedancer
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                              Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                              should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                              communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                              the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                              attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                              discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                              adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                              appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                              to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                              We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                              discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                              Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                              informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                              individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                              advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                              accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                              eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                              blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                              manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                              personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                              with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                              businessman.

                              As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                              constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                              strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                              to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                              hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                              the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                              in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                              is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                              feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                              unreasonable.Ed

                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                                > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                                company
                                > Ticket To The Moon.
                                >
                                > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                                those
                                > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                                others who
                                > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                                case, they
                                > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                                from
                                > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                                > future newsletters.

                                I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                                Fuzzy
                              • Dylan Anderson
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                                  I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                  of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                  capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                  an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                  for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                  techniques like that in business. But there will
                                  always be someone I suppose...

                                  Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                                  dsl.yahoo.com
                                • J.D. Hoessle
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                                    > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                    > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                    > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                    > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                    > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                    > techniques like that in business.

                                    Thank You, Dylan!

                                    May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                                    Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                                    Just turn those snots in!

                                    J.D.