Re: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • Scott Schroeder
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      Ditto.
      To my gmail address no less. Which is only used for forums.
      Scott

      On 12/2/05, Anthony (TJ) Smith <tjsmith1946@...> wrote:

      > I had gotten one of those emails also. Deleted it, thinking it was just
      > spam and didn't even think any further of it until reading your post.
      > TJ

    • Tee
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Got it too. Sent it to spam reporting site.
        Which sends a spam report to their ISP etc.

        At 04:09 PM 12/2/05, you wrote:

        >Ditto.
        >To my gmail address no less. Which is only used for forums.
        >Scott
        >

        >On 12/2/05, Anthony (TJ) Smith <tjsmith1946@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I had gotten one of those emails also. Deleted it, thinking it was just
        > > spam and didn't even think any further of it until reading your post.
        > > TJ

        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        >--
      • jwj32542
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          I got one, too. I had a look at his page, but he charges $50 for a
          hammock bugnet so I didn't look any further.

          I thought he just got my email from my page - I get stuff like that
          from time to time and it's not a big deal. But if he scammed our
          emails from this group, that's irritating! Makes me want to do
          business with him that much less.

          I bet Yahoo has a policy about people using group rosters for
          spamlists, too - I think that's why they do the "@..." thing with the
          addresses. Might be worth an email to Yahoo about it.

          Otherwise, if he's reading, maybe an appology and a promise never to
          spam the list again would be in order? Certainly would help the
          business reputation.

          Jeff
        • Lenny Nichols
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            I got one also. Didn't spend any time on it. Just hit delete.

            Thanks to Ed and the other moderators (Shane) for the good work you do
            here.

            Lenny Nichols

          • Bill Fornshell
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              Hi Ed, Add me to your list. I also got a direct
              email. I did not open it however. Bill

              --- Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:

              I'd like to hear from some others who recently got
              such emails from Ticket To The Moon.

              __________________________________
              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Tee
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                This who they sent spam reports to.

                Submitted: :
                For Hammock Lover

                * 1572674838 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: spamcop@...
                * 1572674835 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: postmaster@...
                * 1572674833 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse#indo.net.id@...
                * 1572674826 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...
                * 1572674813 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...

              • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
                  Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm
                  Subject: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
                    Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm

                    I got my "TICKET TO THE MOON" also Ed.

                    Brian
                    T-BACK
                  • RevT
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
                      site though. Nice pics.

                      Brian
                    • tcoug7
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

                        Tim
                      • Michael B. Carter
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                          Ed,

                          I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

                          Michael

                        • seuss910
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                            I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
                            search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
                            Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
                            probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
                            throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
                            for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
                            shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
                            call him)

                            >I'd like to hear from some others who
                            > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                            case, they
                            > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                            removed from
                          • Steve Joiner
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                              Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

                              Steve

                              I got one, too. I imagine he hit all of us.

                              Marta

                              _____

                              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                              * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                              _____

                              Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

                              Service.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                I received the email from them Ed.

                                Rick

                                Ed Speer wrote:
                                >I'd like to hear from some others who
                                > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
                              • sdbrehm
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                                  > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                                  > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                                  others who
                                  > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                                  case, they
                                  > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                                  removed from
                                  > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                                  > future newsletters.

                                  I got one too.

                                  icedancer
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                                    Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                                    should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                                    communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                                    the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                                    attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                                    discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                                    adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                                    appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                                    to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                                    We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                                    discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                                    Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                                    informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                                    individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                                    advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                                    accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                                    eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                                    blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                                    manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                                    personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                                    with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                                    businessman.

                                    As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                                    constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                                    strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                                    to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                                    hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                                    the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                                    in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                                    is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                                    feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                                    unreasonable.Ed

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                                      > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                                      company
                                      > Ticket To The Moon.
                                      >
                                      > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                                      those
                                      > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                                      others who
                                      > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                                      case, they
                                      > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                                      from
                                      > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                                      > future newsletters.

                                      I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                                      Fuzzy
                                    • Dylan Anderson
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                                        I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                        of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                        capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                        an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                        for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                        techniques like that in business. But there will
                                        always be someone I suppose...

                                        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                                        dsl.yahoo.com
                                      • J.D. Hoessle
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                                          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                                          > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                          > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                          > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                          > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                          > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                          > techniques like that in business.

                                          Thank You, Dylan!

                                          May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                                          Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                                          Just turn those snots in!

                                          J.D.