RE: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

  • Anthony (TJ) Smith
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
      I had gotten one of those emails also. Deleted it, thinking it was just
      spam and didn't even think any further of it until reading your post.
      TJ

    • Scott Schroeder
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
        Ditto.
        To my gmail address no less. Which is only used for forums.
        Scott

        On 12/2/05, Anthony (TJ) Smith <tjsmith1946@...> wrote:

        > I had gotten one of those emails also. Deleted it, thinking it was just
        > spam and didn't even think any further of it until reading your post.
        > TJ

      • Tee
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
          Got it too. Sent it to spam reporting site.
          Which sends a spam report to their ISP etc.

          At 04:09 PM 12/2/05, you wrote:

          >Ditto.
          >To my gmail address no less. Which is only used for forums.
          >Scott
          >

          >On 12/2/05, Anthony (TJ) Smith <tjsmith1946@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I had gotten one of those emails also. Deleted it, thinking it was just
          > > spam and didn't even think any further of it until reading your post.
          > > TJ

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          >--
        • jwj32542
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            I got one, too. I had a look at his page, but he charges $50 for a
            hammock bugnet so I didn't look any further.

            I thought he just got my email from my page - I get stuff like that
            from time to time and it's not a big deal. But if he scammed our
            emails from this group, that's irritating! Makes me want to do
            business with him that much less.

            I bet Yahoo has a policy about people using group rosters for
            spamlists, too - I think that's why they do the "@..." thing with the
            addresses. Might be worth an email to Yahoo about it.

            Otherwise, if he's reading, maybe an appology and a promise never to
            spam the list again would be in order? Certainly would help the
            business reputation.

            Jeff
          • Lenny Nichols
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              I got one also. Didn't spend any time on it. Just hit delete.

              Thanks to Ed and the other moderators (Shane) for the good work you do
              here.

              Lenny Nichols

            • Bill Fornshell
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                Hi Ed, Add me to your list. I also got a direct
                email. I did not open it however. Bill

                --- Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:

                I'd like to hear from some others who recently got
                such emails from Ticket To The Moon.

                __________________________________
                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Tee
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  This who they sent spam reports to.

                  Submitted: :
                  For Hammock Lover

                  * 1572674838 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: spamcop@...
                  * 1572674835 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: postmaster@...
                  * 1572674833 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse#indo.net.id@...
                  * 1572674826 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...
                  * 1572674813 ( 202.146.236.176 ) To: abuse@...

                • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
                    Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm
                    Subject: [Hammock Camping] Ticket To The Moon

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      From: Ed Speer <ed@...>
                      Date: Friday, December 2, 2005 4:46 pm

                      I got my "TICKET TO THE MOON" also Ed.

                      Brian
                      T-BACK
                    • RevT
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                        I also got the email direct. I did go check out the pics and the web
                        site though. Nice pics.

                        Brian
                      • tcoug7
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                          Me too Ed. Yes, I'm still here ;)

                          Tim
                        • Michael B. Carter
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                            Ed,

                            I got the Ticket To The Moon e-mail also.

                            Michael

                          • seuss910
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                              I too received spam from charly@.... A quick whois
                              search shows that ticketothemoon.biz is registered to Descotis
                              Charles, 34 Rue St. Gaud, Granville 50400, France. That's
                              probably "charly." Probably just a mail drop, but the thought of
                              throwing a few eggs warms the soul. Charly is also the registered rep
                              for ticket to the moon hammocks as listed on alibaba.com but that one
                              shows an Indonesia address (and phone number if anybody would like to
                              call him)

                              >I'd like to hear from some others who
                              > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                              case, they
                              > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                              removed from
                            • Steve Joiner
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                Hi, Ed. I also got the ticket to the moon solicitation

                                Steve

                                I got one, too. I imagine he hit all of us.

                                Marta

                                _____

                                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                * Visit your group "hammockcamping

                                _____

                                Gsi outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

                                Service.

                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                  I received the email from them Ed.

                                  Rick

                                  Ed Speer wrote:
                                  >I'd like to hear from some others who
                                  > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon.
                                • sdbrehm
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005

                                    > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
                                    > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                                    others who
                                    > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                                    case, they
                                    > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List,
                                    removed from
                                    > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                                    > future newsletters.

                                    I got one too.

                                    icedancer
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                                      Charly, Thanks for the post! Your response is all we ask for-everyone
                                      should note that Charly responded on his own initiative since I had not yet
                                      communicated with him concerning this matter! On behalf of the members of
                                      the Hammock Camping List, please be aware that we greatly appreciate your
                                      attention and response to our concerns. This is a really fantastic
                                      discussion group and most of us feel that unsolicited advertising would
                                      adversely affect our hard-won community spirit. While we eagerly seek and
                                      appreciate the involvement of hammock manufactures like you, we would like
                                      to base the relationship on the mutual sharing and enjoyment of hammocking.
                                      We hope you will maintain your membership and contribute to our future
                                      discussions. I suspect others will voice similar opinions.

                                      Charly, and all hammock manufacturers and dealers, please feel free to post
                                      informative product news on the Hammock Camping List (but don't use our
                                      individual email addresses). Just don't swamp us with spam or other useless
                                      advertising! We're quite interested in learning about new hammocks, hammock
                                      accessories, design improvements of existing products, etc. We're also
                                      eager to learn from experienced hammock makers; but we're not interested in
                                      blatant or shameless advertising that serves the interest of the
                                      manufacturer without offering anything useful to us. While I have
                                      personally invited many hammock manufacturers to join the List, it is always
                                      with the understanding that they will do so as a hammocker, not as a
                                      businessman.

                                      As a hammock manufacturer myself, I too, struggle with this issue. I'm
                                      constantly aware of my own ability to violate the trust of the List, but I
                                      strive to keep my advertising efforts directed to my web sites. In addition
                                      to selling hammocks, another of my goals is to promote the good news about
                                      hammock camping and that is where the List comes in. This List is exactly
                                      the kind of hammock-community service I envisioned when I started it; thanks
                                      in no small part to the numerous hammockers who post regularly-actually this
                                      is your List, not my List. I'd like to think that anyone on the List would
                                      feel free to let me know if I'm violating my own rules or otherwise being
                                      unreasonable.Ed

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005

                                        > Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock
                                        company
                                        > Ticket To The Moon.
                                        >
                                        > Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using
                                        those
                                        > addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some
                                        others who
                                        > recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the
                                        case, they
                                        > will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed
                                        from
                                        > my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
                                        > future newsletters.

                                        I got the email, also - from charly@ ticketothemoon.com

                                        Fuzzy
                                      • Dylan Anderson
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 5, 2005
                                          I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                          of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                          capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                          an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                          for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                          techniques like that in business. But there will
                                          always be someone I suppose...

                                          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                                          dsl.yahoo.com
                                        • J.D. Hoessle
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 6, 2005
                                            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...> wrote:
                                            > I have not been reading list posts much lately because
                                            > of work, but I too got one. I am sure it was a data
                                            > capture program that was plugged into the forum. As
                                            > an RE agent, the software was recently offered to me
                                            > for sale. I declined it as I don't like underhanded
                                            > techniques like that in business.

                                            Thank You, Dylan!

                                            May I suggest that you provide that info to the proper authorities?
                                            Many states have laws against such unsolicited spam and are acting!

                                            Just turn those snots in!

                                            J.D.