[Hammock Camping] Re: Electric Blankets and Clothing

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Moz <list@m...> wrote:
      > I'm sure you mean "was". HVDC is currently the preferred option for
      > distance transmission, it's only at the local distribution level that
      > AC is easier because transformers are so simple to mass produce.
      > Countries like Brazil where there's a lot of hydro in the mountains
      > but the people live some distance away have huge HVDC systems
      > because they're more efficient.

      Thank you, Moz.

      This is so way Off Topic that I am dropping it.

      Except to say that I did spend some time in Brasil (the way they spell
      it) in the '80's. Loved it! Loved the beaches, the people... Even
      enjoyed a couple days in Amazonia. Well, not exactly "enjoyed" 'cause
      I have a phobia about snakes.

      In Hot Springs, Mr. Speer told of his jungle experiences and a big boa
      (??) that reared up to look *OVER* the table at him....! I hate
      scary-campfire-stories...<g>...! I still have nightmares about that
      story...<g>...!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Bill in Houston
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2005
        JD's original assertion was that the entire rest of the world uses DC
        for everything. Which is wrong. I am sure that in certain niches you
        are correct.

        Done.

        BiH