Re: [Hammock Camping] Top Quilt Pics

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2005
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@y...>
      > wrote:> jd... i`m having a hard time picturing this quilt. only 36"
      > wide, but weighing almost 3lbs.
      > draw me a picture my friend. ...slowhike

      Under Photos - J.D. - Zhammock you will find Top Blanket # 1 and # 2

      In #1. You can see the two light blue "panels" each about 18" wide.
      The darker silnyl "flaps" running down the sides are to tuck-under the
      edges of a T-Rest. You can almost see the darker Velcro patches on
      the bottom (right side) that form a foot-box.

      In #2. Less contrast - I have folded the flaps back under

      The zipper is full length. That idea was for easy night time
      escapes...<g>....

      Loft / Thickness is ~~2" - Qualofil insulation...?

      Now that Marta has given us the formula for width, I am about to give
      up on doing any kind of mod to this masterpiece. Even taking out the
      zipper and re-joining the two panels will only make it 36" wide.

      It was very difficult laying on my side on the floor just now trying
      to measure up over my shoulder and back down again! With SkyDog's
      help I came up with an 88" inch measurement for the width...<g>...
      WithOUT her help I got ~~44"...

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2005
        You probably have more than one layer of insulation in there to make
        it that thick. You could always take the quilt apart and use the
        insulation to make a larger, thinner quilt. Insulation is the
        expensive part of quilts, anyway (especially if you get DWR on the $1
        rack).
      • Fuzzy
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005

          > It was very difficult laying on my side on the floor just now trying
          > to measure up over my shoulder and back down again! With SkyDog's
          > help I came up with an 88" inch measurement for the width...<g>...
          > WithOUT her help I got ~~44"...

          Sounds like the Skydog *I* met...

          Fuzzy
        • J.D. Hoessle
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Fuzzy" <chuck_kime@y...> wrote:
            > Sounds like the Skydog *I* met...

            Talked with Paul yesterday on the phone. He has some hikes in early
            Spring. One 33 miler in the Brandywine area. Care to join us...?

            J.D.