Re: electric hammock and those long wires...

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
      > Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave heating.

      My thinking too, Ralph!

      Just throw one of these babies on the camp fire, forget the batteries
      and long wires, and plug in....!

      <http://www.hi-z.com/websit04.htm>

      J.D.
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
        > I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
        > matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model standard.
        >
        > In male and female versions, of course.

        ??????????

        Ralph
      • jwj32542
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

          > > I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
          > > matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model
          standard.

          > > In male and female versions, of course.
          >
          > ??????????
          >
          > Ralph

          Snuggling with a Swedish model is more comfy than a microwave.
        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
            Ahhh, When I googled I came up with a Swedish economic model for social
            benefits. I didn't think any one could keepwarm with that.

            Ralph

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

              > Ahhh, When I googled I came up with a Swedish economic model for
              social
              > benefits. I didn't think any one could keepwarm with that.

              Haha - yeah, that would make anyone frigid...
            • dlfrost_1
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Moe T. Crow" <moetcrow@g...>
                wrote:
                > Ed. this link might be helpful also.
                > http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/heatedclothing.html
                >
                > more of a DIY approach....

                Other good places to search for 12v heating pads are stores catering
                to RV travellers and to off-the-grid greens. I saw this one on the
                Little Houses group a couple of days ago...

                http://www.kansaswindpower.net/bed_warmers.htm

                Doug Frost