{Spam?} [Hammock Camping] Re: electric hammock

  • seuss910
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
      Or you could skip the wires and make the entire hammock a heating
      element if you make it out of a carbon fiber electroconductive
      textile like Gorix. (www.gorix.com) Though that may be a little hard
      to come by and a little pricey if you could.

      >I'm
      > intrigued about adding heating wires to the bottom of a hammock and
      this
      > outfit looks promising. I'll call them today to see what they
      think..Ed

    • Tee
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
        http://www.shadowriders.org/faq/electricvests.html
        http://home.mebtel.net/~rbutterfield/Heat.html
        http://www.ridemyown.com/articles/other/make_heated_clothing.shtml

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
          Tee, thanks for the links. I've printed some of them to keep for reference.
          Now if I can just find time to do this project...Ed

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
            Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave heating. :]

            Ralph
          • jwj32542
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

              > Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave
              heating. :]

              I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
              matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model standard.

              In male and female versions, of course.
            • J.D. Hoessle
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                > Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave heating.

                My thinking too, Ralph!

                Just throw one of these babies on the camp fire, forget the batteries
                and long wires, and plug in....!

                <http://www.hi-z.com/websit04.htm>

                J.D.
              • Ralph Oborn
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                  > I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
                  > matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model standard.
                  >
                  > In male and female versions, of course.

                  ??????????

                  Ralph
                • jwj32542
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

                    > > I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
                    > > matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model
                    standard.

                    > > In male and female versions, of course.
                    >
                    > ??????????
                    >
                    > Ralph

                    Snuggling with a Swedish model is more comfy than a microwave.
                  • Ralph Oborn
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                      Ahhh, When I googled I came up with a Swedish economic model for social
                      benefits. I didn't think any one could keepwarm with that.

                      Ralph

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

                        > Ahhh, When I googled I came up with a Swedish economic model for
                        social
                        > benefits. I didn't think any one could keepwarm with that.

                        Haha - yeah, that would make anyone frigid...
                      • dlfrost_1
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1 1:50 AM
                          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Moe T. Crow" <moetcrow@g...>
                          wrote:
                          > Ed. this link might be helpful also.
                          > http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/heatedclothing.html
                          >
                          > more of a DIY approach....

                          Other good places to search for 12v heating pads are stores catering
                          to RV travellers and to off-the-grid greens. I saw this one on the
                          Little Houses group a couple of days ago...

                          http://www.kansaswindpower.net/bed_warmers.htm

                          Doug Frost