Re: {Spam?} [Hammock Camping] Re: electric hammock

  • Moe T. Crow
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
      Ed. this link might be helpful also.
      http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/heatedclothing.html

      more of a DIY approach....

      On 11/30/05, Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
      > Seuss
      >

      > I didn't have time to check that web site until this am. Thanks. I'm
      > intrigued about adding heating wires to the bottom of a hammock and this
      > outfit looks promising. I'll call them today to see what they think..Ed
      >

      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      >
      > Editor, Hammock Camping News
      >
      > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      >

      > _____

      "Say what you want and be who you are because those who mind don't
      matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    • seuss910
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
        Or you could skip the wires and make the entire hammock a heating
        element if you make it out of a carbon fiber electroconductive
        textile like Gorix. (www.gorix.com) Though that may be a little hard
        to come by and a little pricey if you could.

        >I'm
        > intrigued about adding heating wires to the bottom of a hammock and
        this
        > outfit looks promising. I'll call them today to see what they
        think..Ed

      • Tee
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
          http://www.shadowriders.org/faq/electricvests.html
          http://home.mebtel.net/~rbutterfield/Heat.html
          http://www.ridemyown.com/articles/other/make_heated_clothing.shtml

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
            Tee, thanks for the links. I've printed some of them to keep for reference.
            Now if I can just find time to do this project...Ed

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
              Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave heating. :]

              Ralph
            • jwj32542
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

                > Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave
                heating. :]

                I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
                matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model standard.

                In male and female versions, of course.
              • J.D. Hoessle
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                  > Hey folks, lets forgo the wires and go direct to microwave heating.

                  My thinking too, Ralph!

                  Just throw one of these babies on the camp fire, forget the batteries
                  and long wires, and plug in....!

                  <http://www.hi-z.com/websit04.htm>

                  J.D.
                • Ralph Oborn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                    > I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
                    > matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model standard.
                    >
                    > In male and female versions, of course.

                    ??????????

                    Ralph
                  • jwj32542
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

                      > > I was thinking that heating wires, and microwave heating for that
                      > > matter, wouldn't be nearly as comfortable as Swedish Model
                      standard.

                      > > In male and female versions, of course.
                      >
                      > ??????????
                      >
                      > Ralph

                      Snuggling with a Swedish model is more comfy than a microwave.
                    • Ralph Oborn
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                        Ahhh, When I googled I came up with a Swedish economic model for social
                        benefits. I didn't think any one could keepwarm with that.

                        Ralph

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005

                          > Ahhh, When I googled I came up with a Swedish economic model for
                          social
                          > benefits. I didn't think any one could keepwarm with that.

                          Haha - yeah, that would make anyone frigid...
                        • dlfrost_1
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Moe T. Crow" <moetcrow@g...>
                            wrote:
                            > Ed. this link might be helpful also.
                            > http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/heatedclothing.html
                            >
                            > more of a DIY approach....

                            Other good places to search for 12v heating pads are stores catering
                            to RV travellers and to off-the-grid greens. I saw this one on the
                            Little Houses group a couple of days ago...

                            http://www.kansaswindpower.net/bed_warmers.htm

                            Doug Frost