Bikes & Trikes

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Moz <list@m...> wrote:
      > Michael B. Carter said:
      > > but then I don't sleep on my bike, not on purpose anyway :o).
      > On a recumbent trike sleeping is actually relatively comfortable,
      > although it can be hard to wrap a sleeping bag around yourself. I've
      > heard of people falling asleep during PBP or the like and waking up on
      > the side of the road when they get cold, but I've only done it
      > deliberately, and only once. It's better to pitch the hammock.

      Still have my BMW 90/6 - Purchased in 1976 - Over 250K miles now -
      Don't ride much anymore...<sigh>...

      Wish I had known about hammocks and heated gear on those several long
      cross-country, into Canada, and Mexico adventures. Painful memories
      of trying to sleep and keep warm under a tarp with my bike. Starting
      it up now & then to use the exhaust heat... Aching back... But, I
      was young & stupid then versus old & crafty now...<g>...!

      Lady friend passenger feel asleep behind me going thru Phoenix once.
      It was all I could do to keep the rubber down and keep her from
      sliding off...!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Mark Bayern <mbayern@g...> wrote:
        > Anyway, I tried sleeping on my bike once. It was not on purpose. Ended
        > up with a comminuted fracture (crushed like an eggshell) of my right
        > clavicle, and a really messed up Honda 350.
        >
        > Not recommended.

        Do I detect a flood of "Loud Pipes Save Lives" posts?

        Fuzzy