Electric this & that

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      The cynic in me was avoiding all of this talk about electrical heating
      gadgetry and I was just lurking here snickering.

      But, battery technology is advancing at an amazing rate. The
      "roll-up" solar panels to recharge cell phones, PDA's, etc. are
      already in use on the trail and they are very light weight. Those
      solar panels could probably offer a "dual-use" because they are
      similar to the windshiled-reflector-silver-bubble-wrap stuff.

      There is also a generator / recharging device that uses the Up & Down
      motion when walking to produce power.

      So, I have to admit that I may live to see the day when the "power
      pack" to heat a sleeping bag or pad or hammock is a realistic and
      packable item.

      Now, if someone will just make the technological break thru and get
      freeze dried beer on the market...<g>....

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.