8.0 vs 85. / A v C

  • Jim & Marlis Greenway
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2003
      I'll ask this here since Ed's here - can you elaborate on what are the
      differences between the Speer 8.0 vs the 8.5 and the A's vs the C's?
      Thanks,
      Jim Greenway
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2003
        Message
        Hi Jim. I'll try to answer your questions

        First you can sleep warm in a hammock with the proper insulations. Many of the posts on this list discuss this issue, plus there is lots of info in my book and the free monthly newsletters. A little research here will help a lot--you probably already have most if not all the items you need to stay warm! You might start with the free Jan issue of the newsletter:  http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/Jan2003.htm

        The Speer hammocks are sized for length and weight--the 8.0 is 8' long and good for users up to 6' tall. The 8.5 is 8.5' long and good for users up to 6.5' tall. The A model holds users up to 250 lbs and the C model holds up to 350 lbs.

        Best of luck and happy hammocking...Ed