new member intro

  • saltheart2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hi
      I'm new to the group and I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce
      myself. I'm a 45 yr old male into minimalist living. I have camp quite
      a bit and recently started using a bicycle as my primary transportation
      method. I have done some long distance biking (400 to 600 mi)where I
      did quite a bit of stealth camping and hammocks were my preferd method
      of camping. I've used only a cheap nylon net hammock sofar w/poncho
      liner and although it worked well enough at the time I realized quickly
      the need for something to take care of the noseeums. I hope to develop
      my own system/hammock for the future and I hope to gain a lot of useful
      insight from this group.

      Sincerely
      Saltheart
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2005
        welcome saltheart... this group should have lots to offer on hammocking & mabey on minimalist living too since some in this group have spent great lengths of time out on the trail. and of course we look forward to your ideas & methods. don`t worry.. this is the 1st time i`ve herd them talk about wearing electric wires around camp :~ ) ...slowhike

        saltheart2001 <saltheart2001@...> wrote: Hi
        I'm new to the group and I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce
        myself. I'm a 45 yr old male into minimalist living. I have camp quite
        a bit and recently started using a bicycle as my primary transportation
        method. I have done some long distance biking (400 to 600 mi)where I
        did quite a bit of stealth camping and hammocks were my preferd method
        of camping. I've used only a cheap nylon net hammock sofar w/poncho
        liner and although it worked well enough at the time I realized quickly
        the need for something to take care of the noseeums. I hope to develop
        my own system/hammock for the future and I hope to gain a lot of useful
        insight from this group.

        Sincerely
        Saltheart

        tim garner

      • J.D. Hoessle
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2005
          Saltheart!

          Welcome!

          I have only been here for a year and hope that you will find as much
          info here as I have. Everyone has put up with my silly "newbie"
          questions, offered advice, and all kinds of help.

          The first time I saw some of these silly people hang in a hammock was
          last New Years Eve on Springer. I'm gonna be there again this year too!

          If you can make it, you will have a chance to see an array of great
          ideas and hammock gear. I live in Northern Virgina and will be
          driving to Georgia; so, if you are in this area and want to ride
          along.....?

          Happy Trails,

          J.D.