Springer Mtn GA Hammock Campout--Dec 31, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      Currently we have 6 confirmed hammockers for our next Southeast
      Hammock Hangers Campout! We will overnight on the summit of
      Springer Mtn, GA--the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail!
      Everyone is welcome, so join us for this free winter campout.
      Signing up is not necessary and many hammockers show up at the last
      minute--we often have 10-20 hammockers. Many past AT hikers also
      share this campsite on New Year's Eve each year. And often, new AT
      hikers also camp here to start their thru-hike on New Year's Day.
      One year, we also had 4 southbound hikers who finished their AT thru
      hike on New Year's Eve--they assumed our party was just for them!
      This is definately a gathering of hikers and hammockers! We'd love
      to see ya there.

      Note that Springer Mtn is a primitive, high-elevation, back-country
      location and severe weather is likely. Each camper must be
      responsible for their own food, gear, and transporation. For more
      info, see: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Springer05.htm

      Happy Hammocking.....Ed

      Moderater, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book