Does This sound Reasonable?

  • rexhardy2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2005
      I have made both a double layer hammock (like Risk has on his website-
      Thanks Risk) and a tarp. I used the local Wal-mart for supplies and
      have come up with the following weights using the postal scales here
      at work. The total cost and weight are as follows:

      Hammock 48" X 114" 31.6 oz. $16.00
      Tarp 108" X 108" 18.8 oz. $8.00

      Total 40.4 oz. $24.00

      I am very happy with the outcome and the price is great. I still have
      to make a bugnet but don't expect that to add much weight but will
      most likely cost more than either of the above as I will have to mail
      order the net. I know that I could have gotten lighter but not using
      local supplies and keeping the cost this low. Does this weight sound
      OK for continued use or would you recommend a lighter setup once
      summer comes when I won't be needing a pad. Thanks.

      Rex